Friday, January 16, 2009

The Holidays Have Come and Gone!

I can't believe the holidays are over already. It seemed like just last week I was off to the store purchasing new decorations, not storing them away. Wasn't it just last week I was begging my hubby to place the Christmas lights outside? Why does it seem that we are all in such a hurry for the Holidays to come but then once they've past, we rarely remember what happened? This year our pastor challenged us to spend a lot less on the holiday and just BE in the moment. To make memories of the holiday, not just buy presents. I tried. I really, really tried. I will admit that my kids definitely did not get as much as they have in past years but somehow the presents seemed to stack up anyway. They have presents that they still have not even opened up to play with. We of course have our annual traditions which create wonderful memories every season, but next year I am vowing to BE in the moment more. To not get so caught up in the hustle and bustle. To not get so stressed out. To really make Christmas a wonderful lasting memory for my family - and not just because they got the latest gizmo or gadget.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sis,I loved your blog and read every line. God has blessed you with a great family and husband. Live for the moment and thank God for all the blessings he has bestowed upon you. They are many.
Love Dad

Jenn.y.Fur said...

They did pass by in a blink didn't they? I can't believe how quickly they crept up on us and how they quickly went away, like nothing ever happened... CRAZY!! Love the blog! :o)